ITIL® v3 Foundation introduced candidates to the key elements, concepts and terminology found in ITIL®. On 28 February 2019 AXELOS launched the ITIL® 4 Foundation certification level. The ITIL® 4 Foundation certification is designed as an introduction to ITIL® 4 and enables candidates to look at IT service management through an end-to-end operating model for the creation, delivery and continual improvement of tech-enabled products and services. The certification can help:
- Those who require a basic understanding of the ITIL® framework
- Those who want to understand how ITIL® can be used to enhance IT service management
- IT professionals or others working within an organisation that has adopted ITIL®.
However, the ITIL® Foundation certification can benefit anyone who has an interest in IT service management. ITIL® 4 Foundation candidates will have an understanding of the following:
- A holistic approach to the facilitation and co-creation of value with customers and other stakeholders in the form of products and services
- The guiding principles of ITIL® 4
- The four dimensions of Service Management
- Key concepts from Lean, Agile, DevOps, and why these are important to deliver business value
- How ITIL® practices described in ITIL® 4 will maintain the value and importance provided by the current ITIL® processes, whilst at the same time expand to be integrated to different areas of service management and IT, from demand to value.
Further information relating to Crystal Echo’s ITIL® 4 training, which prepares candidates for the ITIL® 4 Foundation certification can be found here:
Disclaimer: ITIL® / MoR® / PRINCE2®/ PRINCE2 Agile® are registered trade mark of AXELOS Limited, used under permission of AXELOS Limited. PeopleCert, Global Examination provider are the owners for their trademark and examination and all intellectual property.