Juniper Cloud Fundamentals (JFC) Training
The new Juniper Cloud Fundamentals (JCF) course will be launched on 1st April 2018. This three-day course provides students with an understanding of cloud-enabled networks, cloud service deployment concepts, and virtualised network platforms such as vSRX and vMX.
The Juniper Cloud Fundamentals course includes a high-level overview and understanding of cloud network underlays, cloud network overlays, cloud design, cloud implementation methods, cloud services, Juniper Networks virtualised platforms.
To obtain the most benefit from the Juniper Networks Cloud Fundamentals (JCF) course, attendance of Introduction to the Junos Operating System (IJOS) course is strongly recommended prior to commencing this course.
See below the “important notes” for the new Juniper Cloud curriculum. And remember, you can contact one of our training consultants to discuss the range of options and the most current information.
* The JN0-411 Cloud, Specialist (JNCIS-Cloud) certification was formerly known as Juniper Networks Certified Specialist – SDN and Automation (JNCIS-SDNA).
*** Yet to be released as of February 2018, the Network Automation in the Enterprise Cloud (NAEC) course was formerly known as Network Automation in the Data Center (NA-DC). Course and exam information (length, availability, content, etc.) is subject to change.
The full Juniper Networks Cloud Fundamentals (JCF) course outline can be found below.
Industry Network Automation and Official Juniper Network Automation Training
We offer public schedule training, customised network automation training and consulting solutions, by our own Crystal Echo Engineers, or through partnerships with suppliers and specialists in given areas.
What is Network Automation?
Nowadays, everyone seems to have their own perception of what constitutes network automation. Notably, Techopedia defines network automation as the process of automating the configuration, management and operations of a computer network. It’s a broad term that includes a number of tools, technologies and methodologies used to automate network processes.
At Crystal Echo, however, we believe network automation can be best defined as clever processes designed to save time, make changes to improve productivity, and achieving more with less.
How is network automation implemented?
Network automation is implemented through the combination of hardware and software-based solutions that automatically execute and manage repetitive network environment processes.
Crystal Echo – Network automation training
Crystal Echo is proud to be Juniper Networks’ longest serving Juniper Networks Authorised Education Partner (JNAEP), worldwide. In addition, we are an ANZ-appointed Juniper Professional Services Specialist (PSS) Partner. In fact, we are one of the few Juniper Training Partners that Juniper Networks have authorised, outside of their own entity, to deliver their course: JAUT – Junos Platform Automation and DevOps.
Maybe you have earmarked 2018 as the year to introduce network automation to your organisation? Or, perhaps your goal is to enhance your network automation knowledge, skills or organisational capabilities? In these situations, please bookmark Crystal Echo’s divisional websites, itemised below.
In summary, here’s an overview of each website’s core focus:
Use this website to
Training course outlines, company overview
Remote labs available for hire, proof of concept and recertification practice
Juniper certification curriculum, Juniper certification paths, graphical representation, course prerequisites and discounted Pearson VUE exam vouchers.
Note: If you have a need to do something different in your network, require guidance, or would like to implement something of best practice, a quick email or call to see if we have experience with the given topic might save you considerable time.
Official Juniper Automation Training
Official training program:
Junos Platform Automation and DevOps
Junos Platform Automation and DevOps, is a 5-day, all-encompassing Juniper course that covers on-box automation within Junos. Furthermore, this course addresses modules covering industry open source DevOps tools, and how they interface with Juniper’s Junos to achieve business outcomes.
Note: This course will soon become part of an automation-based certification.
Click on our further information link:
Customised Juniper Solution-Based Automation Training
Crystal Echo understands that no two businesses are identical. Every organisation has its own unique specific goals and objectives. It is, therefore, not surprising that similar businesses operating in the identical industry, also have their own unique network automation needs. As such, if you require customised Juniper network automation training and solutions, simply contact Crystal Echo today.
To illustrate our custom automation solutions, in mid-2017, Crystal Echo worked with Juniper ANZ to deliver prerequisite training for a customised Throw down event, which was delivered to Telstra Melbourne. Due to the success of this customised automation training, more events are planned for 2018. The 2017 event took identified business issues within Telstra. They were then scoped and defined as problem statements, which were then work-shopped across a 5-day event using industry automation tools.
- The objective was to solve these problem statements with automation.
To ensure the success of this event, participants needed to become competent in Junos, Software Development and Automation Platforms. Crystal Echo addressed this in a limited but in-depth format over 7.5 days (3 x 2.5 days for each subject). Materials, which were appropriate to the customised training, were developed under a Joint Venture arrangement between Crystal Echo and SDN Essentials (US-based).
To learn more about these essential core competencies, click on the relevant links, below:
Juniper Automation with DevOps
Acquiring DevOps-like skills takes time and experience. Typically, learners with programming backgrounds are most suited to the task. Crystal Echo offers courses that offer varying depths of content and practical lab activities to gain DevOps skills. For example, we offer a specialised 5-day course on Python programming, Ansible or overall Network Automation.
Crystal Echo partners with Network to Code, to facilitate 5-day in-depth training programs. These training programs have the option to extend beyond the training event itself. This optional extra, alone, presents an excellent opportunity to take advantage of the instructor’s attendance. For example, many of our clients use this time for:
- Organisational consultancy, and
- Seeking expert advice on architecture, implementation and deployment of automation tools.
Note: From our perspective, teachings can be put straight into practice. This can, therefore, facilitate the achievement of immediate results.
To learn more about these Dev-Op related competencies, tap on the relevant links, below:
Juniper Vendor Platform Automation
Customised tools and platforms provided by vendors provide simple user interfaces that enable configuration and monitoring of vendor-specific functions, typically limited only to their own platforms without having to program or script specific tasks. This saves time, but the licensing of the platform comes at a cost.
Juniper provides a platform called Junos Space, which is a Network Element Management platform. Junos provides Juniper-specific tools enabling you to automate configuration, network management and reporting functions. These are turn key solutions. Juniper-specific templates and processes are already defined. These can provide a scalable means by which to manage large networks — with thousands of devices.
In simplistic terms, Junos performs the tasks of routing, switching and security in Branch, Enterprise and Service Provider networks. Licensing a Junos Space platform from Juniper can solve many network management issues for large Juniper deployments.
Learning to install, operate and maintain the Junos Space platform are addressed in the below Crystal Echo delivered courses:
Juniper Software Defined Networking (SDN)
Today’s necessity to build networks suitable for large Enterprise, Data Centres and Service Providers, has seen prolific growth of Software Defined Networking (SDN) Controllers. SDN has the ability to control network decisions from a single device with specialist software. They allow uniform changes to be quickly implemented end to end, across a network, leveraging an SDN Controller.
SDN strategy based on open source or a vendor-specific implementation can be costly and fraught with uncertainty. Our Juniper SDN training programs, and SDN consulting experience, covers concepts from many vendor and industry implementations. Juniper’s training opportunities in this space, include:
- Network Automation using Contrail Cloud
- Network Automation in the WAN
- Network Automation in the Data Centre
Software Defined Networking (SDN) by SDN Essentials
Leveraging our Joint Venture with SDN Essentials, we have training materials and instructors ready to deliver SDN training across multiple vendor solutions. Vendors include: Juniper, Big Switch, HP, NEC and Cisco.
- Introduction to SDN
- SDN Foundations
- SDN for Network Engineers
- SDN Overview
- OpenStack and SDN for SEs
SDN – Skills Transformation Program within Industry
Recently, a unique and innovative SDN Skills Transformation Program was designed for 40 new SDN networking engineers. The training program was delivered over a 30-day period and utilised a progressive assessment strategy. The end result was miraculous; furnishing Juniper Networks with a healthy injection of SDN engineers to work on confirmed projects.
If you’re wondering what this successful SDN course consisted of, here are the modules of learning that were delivered over a duration of 30 days:
- Intro to SDN
- Linux Admin
- Intro to OpenStack
- Python for JUNOS
- Study Day
- 1st Written Exam
- Juniper Intermediate Routing (JIR)
- Advanced Juniper Service Provider Routing (AJSPR)
- Introduction to Contrail
- Advanced Contrail Configuration
- Study Day
- Onsite 8-hour Lab Session
Note: Further program detail can be supplied upon request.
Orchestration with Mirantis OpenStack
There are many platform options at one’s disposal when it comes to deploying OpenStack. Solutions from Mirantis, Redhat, Suse and Ubuntu are four popular and supported options that are available.
Crystal Echo’s Mirantis course content and training program equips engineers with universal skills. Learners will gain essential knowledge and skills that will not exclusively limit them to implementing and working on Mirantis installations of OpenStack.
Mirantis OpenStack courses focus on the core OpenStack technology and operation. This certification-based Mirantis training maps to other vendor implementations of OpenStack. In addition, small references to additional features that Mirantis can provide to assist in maintaining and easily operating your OpenStack installation.
Crystal Echo currently offers the current OpenStack training of OS50 and OS100 and in future will offer OS200 and Kubernetes-based training. Further information about these programs can be found by following the links, below:
Every office has a ‘wise guy’
Since the introduction of our Crystal Echo – Juniper News Blog, we’ve been bombarded with a surprising number of emails. Naturally, many of the messages we’ve received have been about our Juniper Networks Courses. No surprises there. But, the number of enquiries that filtered through, simply asking us, “What else do you do at Crystal Echo?” did, quite frankly, take us by surprise.
As a result, we started tallying-up our service offerings. When we ran out of fingers and toes to count, someone from within our team interjected a bright idea. In retrospect, it was ingenious. It was something to the effect of, “Why don’t you write them down”. Well said, Anthony. We knew there was a reason why you’re the boss and we’re not.
Crystal Echo’s tastiest morsels of technology-rich training
View the menu below to see what Crystal Echo can serve. If you’re interested in any of the following, please be sure to contact us and we’ll be happy to assist.
Crystal Echo Company Overview
- Mirantis OpenStack
- SDN Essentials
- Python Programming
Professional Services Offers:
- Mirantis OpenStack
- Software Defined Networking, NFV, Network Programming & Automation
Crystal Echo’s capabilities through Joint Ventures and Alliances:
Crystal Echo – www.crystalecho.com
- Vendor based Training delivery
- Outsourced training management capability
- Room/Venue ownership and coordination Australia wide – www.nstc.biz
- Remote lab infrastructure and POC labs – www.juniperlab.net
- Network Assessment & Audits
- Vendor and Certification compliance management for Juniper, Cisco, HP, Microsoft, Oracle, vmware, Red Hat, Citrix – https://www.crystalecho.com/en-au/vendor-compliance/index
Juniper – www.crystalecho.com
- Full range of curriculum based training via public or private onsite schedules – https://www.crystalecho.com/en-au/training/courses/juniper/categories
- In class certification testing, customised workshop training and mentoring – www.junipercertified.com
- Remote lab service offered for training and proof of concept workshops – www.juniperlab.net
- Certified Juniper “Professional Services Specialist” Partner (PSS) available to for networks architect design, implementation and hand-over.
- Onsite engineers for short / long term offering OSS services, project management, implementation changes.
- Team of 7 certified Juniper Engineers who deliver both training and onsite consulting services.
Mirantis OpenStack – www.crystalecho.com
- OpenStack training and certification delivery – https://www.crystalecho.com/en-au/training/courses/mirantis/categories
SDN Essentials APAC – www.sdnessentials.com.au
Experience in design and deployment of NFV solutions for carriers in the US with joint venture capability to leverage knowledge, templates and tools for APAC region.
- Developed and delivered 2 month transformation programs creating engineers capable in supporting SDN and Contrail based solutions.
- Python and automation customer focused workshops.
- Experience in production environments supporting SDN, NFV, OpenStack, OpenDaylight.
- April 2017 achievement in the delivery of prerequisite training to Telstra engineers for the Juniper sponsored Telstra Throwdown Melbourne and second Throwdown scheduled for March 2018.
- 2017-2018, Brocade / Lumina OpenDaylight (ODL) course design and delivery for Telstra.
Network to Code – www.networktocode.com
- Network Programming and Automation; Python, Ansible, Tailored vendor focus available for Cisco NX-OS, Cisco IOS, F5, Arista EOS, Junos
- Post course workshops provided to assist with workplace deployment of skills, mentoring and automation of network production devices.
IJOS Course Refresh Coming Monday, October 23rd, 2017
IJOS (Intro to Junos training) version 15.b will be released on Monday, October 23rd 2017. Click onto the following link to view the new, updated course outline pertinent to our: Introduction to the Junos Operating System training program.
In summary, here is a brief overview of the changes:
- This new Juniper course version will now be 15.1X49-D100.6.
- D100 introduced a new version of the J-Web Interface and so a secondary lab guide has been added that uses the J-Web Interface rather than the CLI to perform the labs. Students will now have a choice, they can perform the labs using the CLI or the J-Web Interface.
- IPv6 address schemes have been redefined for all labs that use Junos IPv6. The new IP addresses should be shorter and easier to configure for students.
- In an effort to strengthen Juniper’s Security presentation in the classroom, a new chapter has been added at the end of the course that focuses on Juniper Security concepts. This is a conceptual chapter only, no additional labs are performed.
- A few additional chapters have been added in addition to the new security chapter mentioned above, including a chapter that discusses working with our support centre (JTAC), and an appendix chapter that covers IPv6 concepts.
JTNOC Course Update Coming Monday, November 27th, 2017 – Additional Content and Juniper Virtual Labs
Although we’re nearing the end of 2017, there are still exciting things to come from Juniper Networks in Australia and NZ.
On November 27th, 2017 Juniper Network’s JTNOC (Junos Troubleshooting course) version 17.a will be launched. More details will be released closer to the launch date, so be sure to bookmark our Juniper News Blog.
What we can confirm, and would like to mention, is the course duration will change from 3 days to 4 days. The additional day will include instruction on topics such as Junos virtual device troubleshooting, DDoS protection, and ASAP coverage (Automated Support and Prevention).
- In addition to a longer duration, version 17.a specifies the use of the Juniper vMX virtual router for labs.
Enterprise (JNCIP-ENT) Certification Exam Objectives (JN0-647)
Announcement by Robert Watson, Operations Manager, Crystal Echo
Juniper Networks has recently released a new professional-level certification exam (i.e. JN0-647) leading to the Juniper Networks Certified Professional – Enterprise (JNCIP-ENT) qualification and has also announced that this new exam will become the only exam (replacing the remaining JN0-643 exam) leading to the JNCIP-ENT qualification as of 1st October 2017.
This announcement also outlined information that the JN0-643 certification exam will become End of Life (EOL) on 30th September 2017. As announced last month, the ELS version of the JNCIP-ENT certification exam (i.e. JN0-646) has already been superseded by the incoming JN0-647 certification exam. The JN0-646 certification exam became EOL on 1st September 2017.
So what are the differences?
Click here to see our full comparison and differences. A summary of the main changes are as follows:
- Exam objectives related to OSPF have effectively been replaced by Interior Gateway Protocol (IGP) objectives covering topics such as IS-IS, RIP and Routing Policy and only a small section remaining allocated to OSPFv2 and OSPFv3.
- Junos Fusion Enterprise is a new exam topic under the Ethernet Switching and Spanning Tree objective.
The following topics will no longer tested under certification exam JN0-647:
- OSPF LSA types.
- OSPF area types and operations.
- LSA flooding through an OSPF multi-area network.
- DR / BDR operation.
- SPF algorithm.
- Metrics, including external metric types.
- Authentication options.
- Route summarisation and restriction.
- Virtual links.
- Implement OSPF routing policy.
Free Online Juniper Networks Course (Fundamentals)
Are you looking for a way to brush off the cobwebs on some technologies you’ve studied or worked with in the past?
Or simply have some gaps in your knowledge that would benefit from a top up?
If you answered yes to any of the above, the Juniper Networking Fundamentals is a free online course that will certainly be a good start to bring you up to speed.
It is not mandated that attendance is compulsory however not every engineer could claim they have knowledge of all the topics included in this 4 hour online course.
You might be a little rusty or haven’t had much exposure, experience or touched a specific technology for a while. This is a great opportunity to complete this online course before attending any Juniper’s IJOS (Introduction to the Junos Operating System).
As a minimum, you can briskly walk through the topics you may not work with every day.
We can also deliver this type of training as a half day or full day workshop to your staff which would be more interactive and allows discussions / demonstrations on key topics. We are flexible with the outline of topics that can be offered.
- The 5-hour course covers the following technologies and concepts;
- What is a network; data flows from one computer to another, Network addressing
- Ethernet LANs; hubs and bridges, switches and Virtual LANs (VLANs), Wireless LANs
- Routing basics; Layer 2 and 3 addressing, broadcast domains using routers, Address resolution, traffic routing
- IP addressing; Internet Protocol (IP), IP addressing, Network masks, Working with binary numbers, Subnetting, Routing using longest match routing, IPv6 Addressing;
- WAN technologies; Point-to-Point Protocol (PPP), Frame Relay and Asynchronous Transfer Mode(ATM), Multiprotocol Label Switching (MPLS), Carrier Ethernet
- Transport Layer protocols; User Datagram Protocol (UDP), Transmission Control Protocol (TCP)
You might also like to view the Juniper course schedule that would follow on from this Networking Fundamentals by Juniper Networks.
Crystal Echo Pty Ltd
Level 2, 80 Mount Street
North Sydney NSW 2060 Australia
Mo-Fr: 8:00am – 6:00pm
Sa & Su: upon request
+61 1300 859 892