IJOS Course Refresh Coming Monday, October 23rd, 2017
IJOS (Intro to Junos training) version 15.b will be released on Monday, October 23rd 2017. Click onto the following link to view the new, updated course outline pertinent to our: Introduction to the Junos Operating System training program.
In summary, here is a brief overview of the changes:
- This new Juniper course version will now be 15.1X49-D100.6.
- D100 introduced a new version of the J-Web Interface and so a secondary lab guide has been added that uses the J-Web Interface rather than the CLI to perform the labs. Students will now have a choice, they can perform the labs using the CLI or the J-Web Interface.
- IPv6 address schemes have been redefined for all labs that use Junos IPv6. The new IP addresses should be shorter and easier to configure for students.
- In an effort to strengthen Juniper’s Security presentation in the classroom, a new chapter has been added at the end of the course that focuses on Juniper Security concepts. This is a conceptual chapter only, no additional labs are performed.
- A few additional chapters have been added in addition to the new security chapter mentioned above, including a chapter that discusses working with our support centre (JTAC), and an appendix chapter that covers IPv6 concepts.
JTNOC Course Update Coming Monday, November 27th, 2017 – Additional Content and Juniper Virtual Labs
Although we’re nearing the end of 2017, there are still exciting things to come from Juniper Networks in Australia and NZ.
On November 27th, 2017 Juniper Network’s JTNOC (Junos Troubleshooting course) version 17.a will be launched. More details will be released closer to the launch date, so be sure to bookmark our Juniper News Blog.
What we can confirm, and would like to mention, is the course duration will change from 3 days to 4 days. The additional day will include instruction on topics such as Junos virtual device troubleshooting, DDoS protection, and ASAP coverage (Automated Support and Prevention).
- In addition to a longer duration, version 17.a specifies the use of the Juniper vMX virtual router for labs.