Enterprise (JNCIP-ENT) Certification Exam Objectives (JN0-647)
Announcement by Robert Watson, Operations Manager, Crystal Echo
Juniper Networks has recently released a new professional-level certification exam (i.e. JN0-647) leading to the Juniper Networks Certified Professional – Enterprise (JNCIP-ENT) qualification and has also announced that this new exam will become the only exam (replacing the remaining JN0-643 exam) leading to the JNCIP-ENT qualification as of 1st October 2017.
This announcement also outlined information that the JN0-643 certification exam will become End of Life (EOL) on 30th September 2017. As announced last month, the ELS version of the JNCIP-ENT certification exam (i.e. JN0-646) has already been superseded by the incoming JN0-647 certification exam. The JN0-646 certification exam became EOL on 1st September 2017.
So what are the differences?
Click here to see our full comparison and differences. A summary of the main changes are as follows:
- Exam objectives related to OSPF have effectively been replaced by Interior Gateway Protocol (IGP) objectives covering topics such as IS-IS, RIP and Routing Policy and only a small section remaining allocated to OSPFv2 and OSPFv3.
- Junos Fusion Enterprise is a new exam topic under the Ethernet Switching and Spanning Tree objective.
The following topics will no longer tested under certification exam JN0-647:
- OSPF LSA types.
- OSPF area types and operations.
- LSA flooding through an OSPF multi-area network.
- DR / BDR operation.
- SPF algorithm.
- Metrics, including external metric types.
- Authentication options.
- Route summarisation and restriction.
- Virtual links.
- Implement OSPF routing policy.