Free Online Juniper Networks Course (Fundamentals)
Are you looking for a way to brush off the cobwebs on some technologies you’ve studied or worked with in the past?
Or simply have some gaps in your knowledge that would benefit from a top up?
If you answered yes to any of the above, the Juniper Networking Fundamentals is a free online course that will certainly be a good start to bring you up to speed.
It is not mandated that attendance is compulsory however not every engineer could claim they have knowledge of all the topics included in this 4 hour online course.
You might be a little rusty or haven’t had much exposure, experience or touched a specific technology for a while. This is a great opportunity to complete this online course before attending any Juniper’s IJOS (Introduction to the Junos Operating System).
As a minimum, you can briskly walk through the topics you may not work with every day.
We can also deliver this type of training as a half day or full day workshop to your staff which would be more interactive and allows discussions / demonstrations on key topics. We are flexible with the outline of topics that can be offered.
- The 5-hour course covers the following technologies and concepts;
- What is a network; data flows from one computer to another, Network addressing
- Ethernet LANs; hubs and bridges, switches and Virtual LANs (VLANs), Wireless LANs
- Routing basics; Layer 2 and 3 addressing, broadcast domains using routers, Address resolution, traffic routing
- IP addressing; Internet Protocol (IP), IP addressing, Network masks, Working with binary numbers, Subnetting, Routing using longest match routing, IPv6 Addressing;
- WAN technologies; Point-to-Point Protocol (PPP), Frame Relay and Asynchronous Transfer Mode(ATM), Multiprotocol Label Switching (MPLS), Carrier Ethernet
- Transport Layer protocols; User Datagram Protocol (UDP), Transmission Control Protocol (TCP)
You might also like to view the Juniper course schedule that would follow on from this Networking Fundamentals by Juniper Networks.